It was founded by Dr. A.V. Beacham in 1938 with his brothers Hugh Thompson Beacham and W.D. Beacham, and stayed under his direction until 1964. It was then sold to Dr. Harry C. Frye and Dr. Warren A. Hiatt until they sold it to Pike County and the City of Magnolia in 1974.
The hospital was constructed in three phases. The initial construction was of wood in 1939, the second stage was constructed in 1952 of masonry and brick veneer, and the last phase was completed in 1976. The final phase resulted in an expansion of a patient area serving 37 beds, a kitchen area and a dinning area.
The South Pike Hospital Association, Inc, a non-profit association formed in 1974, took on the financial responsibility of repaying the Pike County, District 2 and the City of Magnolia, the funds advanced to build the new facility. Besides county and city funds a Hill-Burton grant was utilized to pay for the expansion. The furnishings and equipment for the new facility were contributed by Mr. Joe Bancroft, Chairman of Croft Metals, Inc.
Beacham Memorial Hospital continues to be an important economic institution in southern Pike County, employing over 110 people, generating a payroll in excess of 2.5 million dollars annually.
BMH operates under license from the Mississippi State Department of Health and is certified by the Medicare and Medicaid programs.